How to apply
All applications to the University for full-time study must be made online through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). If you are already a student with The University of Edinburgh you can choose to add the Quantitative Methods element to your degree by completing a conversion course.
Applying through UCAS
You can choose our degrre programme in your UCAS application. These are the UCAS codes for our different programmes:
- MA International Relations with Quantitave Methods-2W3A
- MA Politics with Quantitave Methods-8M9D
- MA Social Policy with Quantitave Methods-4T6H
- MA Sociology with Quantitave Methods-5S9K
- SQA Highers: ABBB by end of S5 or ABBBB/AABB from S4-S6. Higher Mathematics at Grade B required. National 5: English at Grade C.
- A Levels: ABB including Mathematics, or AS Mathematics at A (if A Level is not taken). GCSEs: English at Grade C.
- IB: Award of Diploma with 34 points overall and grades 555 in HL subjects including Mathematics. SL: Mathematics at 6 (if not taken at HL) and English at 4. IB applicants should note that Maths Studies is not accepted for any of our Quantitative Methods programmes.
Transferring from an existing University of Edinburgh programme
If you would like to transfer to this degree straight into year 2 you need to:
1) have at least A-level/Higher Maths at Grade B or international equivalent and complete a 10 day conversion course in May 2016 (£360 stipend available for a limited number of places).
2) or to have successfully completed the year 1 core quantitative methods courses.